Left for Sioux Falls 6:00 AM. Presented our safety seminar to a disappointingly small crowd of teachers at 9:20, yet the small crowd allowed us to gain some quality insight into the problem of inadequate teacher safety education. A couple of problems that we had not foreseen were brought to our attention:
Science teachers often are in possession of very old, very dangerous chemicals that should not, by their very nature, be in a school laboratory. However, many are unaware of how to dispose of them or are afraid to because of fear of consequences for exposing the school's poor safety practices.
Because I was already there and 2 hours from home, I went to a couple more seminars at the symposium. Understanding Hispanic Culture and Science Teaching Redefined.
I nearly fell asleep several times on the way home, thank Heaven for those bumps on the side of the road.
*Anyone may contact me for a copy of the materials we presented (there are a few extras!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment